You can watch a movie without an internet connection by first saving it for offline viewing. To do this:
- Make sure your device has an active internet connection (wi-fi recommended)
- Go to “My Movies” and select the movie you would like to save to your device
- On the movie details page, select “Save Offline” (downloading a movie may take several minutes depending on your internet connection speed)
- Once your movie is downloaded, you can find it under “My Saved Movies” (on iOS devices, tap “More” in the lower right corner. On Android devices, tap the “☰” menu in the top left corner)
- Select the saved movie to play it offline
Once your movie has been saved, you can watch the movie offline without the need for an active internet connection. If you are unable to play your downloaded movie, try setting your device to Airplane mode or turn off wi-fi and/or cellular data.
NOTE: The ability to save movies for offline viewing is available for iOS devices running iOS 10.2 and up. Apple TV runs tvOS and does not support this feature.
Step by Step (iOS)
Currently, the ability to save movies for offline viewing is only offered through iOS, Android and Amazon Fire Tablet devices.
NOTE: Logging out of your Movies Anywhere account and logging back in with a different account will cause a previously downloaded movie to be deleted from your device.
For instructions on saving a movie for offline viewing on a computer, see "How do I download a movie for offline viewing on my computer?"