You can watch a movie without an internet connection by first saving it for offline viewing. Take the following steps to save a movie to your device:
- Make sure your device has an active internet connection (wi-fi recommended)
- Go to "My Movies" and select the movie you would like to save to your device
- On the movie details page, select "Save Offline" (downloading a movie may take several minutes depending on your internet connection speed)
- Once your movie is downloaded, it will indicate it is “Saved Offline”
Once your movie has been saved, you can watch the movie offline without the need for an active internet connection. If you are unable to play your downloaded movie, try setting your device to Airplane mode or turn off wi-fi and/or cellular data.
iOS Devices: The ability to save movies for offline viewing is available for iOS devices running iOS 10.2 and up. Apple TV runs tvOS and does not support this feature.
Saving movies to an SD card: If you have an SD card in your Android device, you can set it as the default download location for movies.
- Go to "My Movies" and select the "Saved Movies" tab
- Tap "Manage", then tap the Settings (gear) icon
- Tap "Download Location", then select "SD Card"
Currently, the ability to save movies for offline viewing is only offered through iOS, Android and Amazon Fire Tablet devices.
NOTE: Logging out of your Movies Anywhere account and logging back in with a different account will cause a previously downloaded movie to be deleted from your device. You must connect your device to the Internet and log in to Movies Anywhere at least once every 90 days for saved movies to remain available for offline viewing.
For instructions on saving a movie for offline viewing on a computer, see "How do I download a movie for offline viewing on my computer?"