Movies Anywhere is supported on the following devices and configurations:
Apple: iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch running iOS 14 or later
Amazon: Fire Tablets running FireOS 5 or later, including HD 7 (4th generation)
Android: Android devices running Lollipop (5.0) or later versions of the Android OS, including but not limited to devices by Samsung, Google, Motorola, Nokia, LG, Microsoft, Xiaomi Mi, Vivo, Sony, and Lenovo
NOTE: Connecting a mobile device through USB-C to HDMI to a TV or external display is not supported.
Apple TV: Apple TV 4th generation or later, tvOS 16.0 or newer
Amazon: Fire TV/Fire TV Stick/Fire TV Cube 2nd and 3rd generation or later
Android TV: Including but not limited to the following:
- Sony Bravia TVs (with Android TV)
- TCL TVs (with Roku or Android TV)
- Hisense TVs (with Roku or Android TV)
- TiVo (with Android TV)
- AT&T TV (with Android TV)
- TVision (with Android TV) [T-Mobile device]
- Sharp TVs (with Android TV)
- Philips TVs (with Android TV)
- Air TV (with Android TV)
- Epson projectors (with Android TV)
- Nvidia Shield TV (Android OS 5.1 or later and Google Play services 7.3 or later)
- Mi Box S and projectors (with Android TV) [Xiaomi device]
- Skyworth TVs (with Android TV)
Roku: Including but not limited to the following:
- Roku Express, 3700X
- Roku Express+, 3710X
- Roku® Streaming Stick®, 3600X
- Roku 4, 4400X
- Roku Premiere, 4620X
- Roku Premiere+, 4630X
- Roku Ultra, 4640X
- Roku TV, 5000X
- 4K Roku TV, 6000X, 7000X
LG TV: 2017 models and newer
LG Projectors: 2020 models and newer
VIZIO SmartCast TV: 2017 models and newer; 4K SmartCast TV models released in 2016
Samsung Smart TV: 2017 models and newer
Xbox: Xbox One, Xbox One X|S, Xbox Series X|S
AirPlay: Movie playback is available using AirPlay Mirroring from a compatible computer or device on the same Wi-Fi network.
Chromecast: Movies Anywhere content is available to stream on Chromecast via Chrome Browser on the PC, and Android or Apple devices via the Movies Anywhere App.
- PC: Windows 8.1 and up (NOTE: Linux NOT supported)
- Mac: OSX 10 and up
- Chrome 50+ (2016): Playback limited to SD (480P). NOTE: 32-bit version NOT supported. To verify your browser version, go to Settings, Help, About Google Chrome
- Edge 15+ (2016): Playback up to HD (720P) on Windows 10
- Firefox 52+ (2016): Playback limited to SD (480P)
- Safari 10.0+ (2017): Playback up to HDP (1080P)
NOTE: Playback on the Movies Anywhere site from a browser on a mobile device is NOT SUPPORTED. Make sure to install the Movies Anywhere app for your supported device.
iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft, Xfinity, Verizon Fios TV and DIRECTV: All Movies Anywhere-eligible movies will also appear in your connected iTunes, Amazon Prime Video, Vudu, Google Play/YouTube, Microsoft, Xfinity, Verizon Fios TV and DIRECTV accounts, subject to availability with each Digital Retailer, and can be played directly on any platforms that support video playback for these providers.
Article is closed for comments.